Friday 25 April 2014

शुभं करोति कल्याणम् (Shubham Karoti Kalyanam) (Post in English)

Hari Om

25-04-2014

शुभं करोति कल्याणम्  

(Shubham Karoti Kalyaanam)






We must have heard about the Mantra- Asato Maa Sadgamay....! The devotee prays to the Lord- Oh Lord, The Supreme Light! lead me from darkness to light. 'Shubham Karoti' is a prayer said in front of the idol of the deity when a deep (burning lamp) is lit in house & also near TulasiVrindaavan. 


शुभं करोति कल्याणं आरोग्यं सुखसंपदा ।

शत्रुबुद्धिविनाशाय दीपज्योतिर्नमोऽस्तु ते॥

It's a salutation to the Light of the Lamp which brings auspiciousness, health, prosperity and destroys inimical feelings. Devotee prays- I bow to the light from the lamp, which brings bliss, welfare, health, all type of wealth and possessions and which destroys all my enemies like evil thoughts, ego etc. 
There is the inner 'Light' in me which is enlightened by God at the seat of thought and feeling, the thinking faculty and conscience. This inner Light guides me on Devayaana path (देवयान पथ), the path of light, the path of God. It acts as a medium that enables Lord's love and warmth to form a shield around me and it also protects my aura. 
There can be no other medium or mediator between God and his disciple. Every disciple has a direct association with God and the medium that helps in this association is 'Fire'. The importance of this has been explained in the First Volume of ShrimadPurushaartha  Grantharaaj- Satyapravesha's (श्रीमद्पुरुषार्थ ग्रन्थराज) Vajraanga Vachan (वज्रांग वचन).
i bow to you my Sadguru Shree Aniruddha, my guiding light. I bow to the light, also the inner light.

Hari Om.

दीपज्योतिर्नमोऽस्तु ते॥  DeepaJyotir Namostu te ||  


अंबज्ञोऽस्मि |